2018-03-15

Antispenderar checklistan

Fortsätter med lite bra tankar från boken "Living Well on Practically Nothing" av Edward H. Romney.

Det handlar om "Fighting Consumer Mentality" - Du vet nog själv vad det innebär

Det handlar om att lära sig se igenom reklam och status, och tillfällig önskan.

"Learn to see through advertising and status."


The Anti-Spendthrift Checklist

“You should ask yourself these questions:
1. Can I buy it cheaper later? Do I have to have it now?
2. Can I buy it used?
3. Can I rent or borrow it?
4. Will I feel stupid after I buy it?
5. Will it be a lot of bother and trouble and need constant care and repair?
6. Where will I store it?
7. Can I do without?
8. Do I really need it?"

Edward berättar vidare:

"We never buy seldom-used items like post-hole diggers, circular saws, wheel pullers, hoists, cement mixers, slide and movie projectors, punch bowl sets, and extra folding chairs. We rent these seldom-used items from an equipment rental store.”

“Who Needs All That Clutter?
I hate to see the useless clutter of junk that people buy and keep simply because they cannot resist advertising. Many people devote a whole room in a house or apartment to keeping useless things for years and years. Others use the garage and leave the car outdoors. I’m talking about such idems as the bird cage of a dead bird, broken video games, an empty fish tank, a broken battery-operated vacuum cleaner [..skippar resten..].”
------------  --------

Why Do People Work So Hard For Nothing?

"It is silly for people to wreck their health and move heaven and earth to make a little more money. They take two jobs, put the wife to work, do all sorts of things. Then when they get the money, they spend it without thought – for instance, buying a $3,000 set of drapes for the living room or buying an expensive new car on impulse with $5,000 of unnecessary accessories. Or maybe they buy and finance a $25,000 motorboat that uses $20 worth of gas per hour, will cost $150 a month to store at the marina, and that will be used only two or three times a year.”

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar